After joining the Thomas Collective in New York City, I was quickly put on a team to plan an event in three weeks that would be launching a new product to journalists. We wanted to showcase the product benefits while providing a fun-filled afternoon with yoga and lunch on the beautifully landscaped Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center that overlooks St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
Objective of the event:
- Drive awareness of new product through social and PR efforts
- Develop programming that creates an emotional connection to Culturelle
- Create opportunities for journalists to trial the product
- Use the third party endorsements of nutritionist Brooke Alpert and yoga expert, Colleen Saidman Yee, to raise credibility and disseminate the messages
- Incorporate efforts that cast a wider media target
Internal Event Planning:
- Contact experts, create contract, organize meetings and site visits leading up to event
- Recruit vendors for decor, media, catering teams, gift bag items, yoga accessories
- Create activities for guests to learn about the product in interactive ways
- Schedule transportation for experts and for the client
- Send out press invitations and follow-ups
- Create shot list, run-of-show, guest list, etc.